Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program
CFC is funded through the Mass Department of Public Health to provide two Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs. They are the Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) and Adolescent Sexuality Education Program (ASE). These programs utilize, nationally recognized, science-based curriculum for middle and high school age youth in urban areas. These programs providing young adolescents with the knowledge, confidence, and skills necessary to reduce their risk of sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s), HIV and pregnancy by abstaining from sex or using condoms if they choose to have sex. Emphasis is placed on goal setting, communication, including refusal and negotiating skills, as well as the decision making process.
- Youth are provided with medically accurate and age-appropriate information regarding their reproductive health.
- Various instructional media tools are used to meet the varied learning styles of the participants including: video clips, interactive games, role-plays, skill-building exercises, and small group discussions.
- Programs are provided in school or in the Community.
- Food or snacks are provided at each session.
- Groups must have 6 or more teens.
- Curriculum is 12 hours long.
- Call to schedule your program.
Making Proud Choices
The Making Proud Choices (MPC) curriculum is an educational curriculum designed for middle school youth age’s 11-14 in urban areas. The program is designed to provide adolescents with the tools they need to reduce their risk of sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV, and pregnancy. Youth are provided with comprehensive and up-to-date information regarding their reproductive health. Emphasis is also placed on goal setting, communication, including refusal and negotiation skills, as well as the decision-making process. Various instructional media tools are used to meet the varied learning styles of the participants. Activities include video clips, interactive games, role- plays, skill-building exercises, and small group discussion.